Sunday, June 3, 2012

I really am quite fortunate

As my child sits by the computer chatting with his best friend who now lives miles away from us, I realize just how lucky we are to live in this age of modern conveniences.
I can get away with him having a Pay-as-You-Go Phone so that I can keep in touch with him, and he doesn't burn up all of his minutes texting or chatting with friends. Things are good! At least until he decides it is time to have a real girlfriend. Then, I'm screwed!

We are cat-sitting for my sister this weekend. And even though they are on their way home from their trip, The Child and I will be off soon to give kitty one last feeding. It is a beautiful day to take that long walk. And I do so need to get out and walk! The Aurora 5K is in 3 weeks and I am SO out of shape it isn't funny! Hopefully I can turn it around in time for the 5K and keep it going long after!

I stepped on a scale on Friday and am appalled at what I saw. I knew it would be bad, but I have never weighed this much. EVER! So my goal is to shed 10 pounds in the next 3 weeks, and continue on to lose more than 50. I need to get it back. This party with comfort food has got to end. As well as my adoration for Pepsi and Bailey's. Neither one helps my cause!

And while I am focussed on how large I am, my girl kitty has been focusing on becoming thin enough to escape. Yesterday, she managed to get outside by wiggling her dainty self out under the porch door! There is a 1 inch gap on the bottom, and a part of the lower door is chipped up just enough for her to get out! Thank goodness she always manages to come back when she gets loose, but I hate that she gets out because she always comes back hurking up her hunted prey. Yuck!

Well, we are off to feed the kitty! Have a great day, everyone!

No comments: