Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Thrifting We Did Go!

One of my most favouritest things to do in the world is to shop at thrift stores.
And there is one in Neenah that is especially groovy called the Bethesda Thrift Shoppe.
We all jumped in the van yesterday and headed there for a good look around.
I only get there once or twice a year, so I can't vouch for all the time, but it seems like I always find major deals on the days that I go.

Being that I am on a weight loss journey, I was hoping to find some more trendy blouses for spring in a smaller size to keep me motivated. It turned out they were having a 1/2 off sale on ladies blouses Saturday! Yippee!!!!

I know I spent more than I should have, and Hubby has been alluding to that fact all weekend, but I have no regrets. Had I bought all of these clothes at full price, it would have taken hours of shopping, and hundreds of dollars. I spent a mere $60 and can't wait to wear all of these clothes.
They are all a size smaller than I am right now. So I will need to lose another 10 to 20 pounds in February and March. Then, when I pack away (I mean donate to a thrift store) all of the winter clothes, I can bring out all of these fun spring clothes and feel fabulous in them.

After the shopping spree, we had to take the Young One to a Birthday Party for a class mate.
This party was at Rocky Rococo. Oh how I LOVE Rocky Pizza! But I have also learned that ONE piece of Rocky Pizza is 800 calories! That's almost two meals worth of a dieter's allotted calorie intake. And who can eat just one piece of Rocky Pizza? No sir! When they invited us to stay and eat, I quickly told them that we had dinner plans and couldn't possibly partake. This gal wants to wear that spring wardrobe!

No comments: