Saturday, August 25, 2012

Get lost, Spiders!

All of God's insects have been doubly hardy this year. And the spiders have taken a severe liking to my living room. I wouldn't mind them so much - long as I can see where they are and what they are doing, and long as they leave me alone, I could live with a few spiders. But I seem to have no less that 30 on my ceiling at all times lately! And the other night, I was sitting on the love seat talking on the phone when a spider came down from the ceiling right in front of me!

I began by just sweeping them up and just shaking the broom outside every other day. After all, I don't really want to kill them, I just want them out of my house! Then, I started spraying them with lemon juice because I read that they did not like the flavor. Well, that would work for about a week. But then they would be back again in full force! And these are not your happy harmless Daddy Longlegs. Oh, no! They are these gigantic gray and black striped biting variety! YUCK!!!

Well, it has gotten to the point to where they are just fecking out of control! So I have declared war. I bought a can of raid. But I still seem to be spraying the little bastards once a week! It is making me crazy! I have dreams that spiders are crawling on me, so I'm not sleeping well, and this is really pissing me off because I have never ever been spider-phobic before in my whole life! But when I'm sitting on the couch and one runs across me, well.... I fucking FREAK OUT!!!!!

So today, I am totally cleaning this living room from floor to ceiling. I've got my Lemon scented Murphy's oil for scrubbing the floor, and I am even washing down all of my plants with a little real lemon on my wet wash cloth. My plants are loving it. They were so riddled with spider webs and spider poop! GROSS!!!!!

I don't know how long this battle will hold them off. I am sure I'm not going to win this war. But at least I can say I tried!

The only draw back to all of this cleaning is that I am forced to manage all of the boxes of papers that I have stashed around the room. I should know better. I should just throw it all away without looking at it because I know there will be something that will bring me to tears. Can I throw away that list Jim made while he was planning out his dream of owning a Mr Chippy Van? Hell no! But I do know that I need to start keeping all of this stuff in one single box so that I don't ambush myself with these things. Two and a half years later, I am still dealing with it all. I know some may feel that I am just pushing it all to the back of my mind so that I can let myself be happy. Maybe they are right. But hey, it works for me. I know there will always be these little time bombs that will cause me to deal with it all over again in my mind - to make peace with it over and over and over - seeing it in a different way every single time. But no matter how I look at it, it still sucks. My Jimmy was too young to go. Life is not fair. And then you get spiders invading your house. I will continue to fight!

No comments: