Friday, August 3, 2012

Sisters

It's our Annual Sisters Weekend! I am so excited! I can't wait to get to The Copperleaf!
I still have much to do before I can leave, but I think I will be fine!
If the Zombie Apocalypse occurred tomorrow, I think I could survive with everything I have packed! I have my clothes and my hair stuff, all my cute shoes, and booze! LOL!

In preparing for this weekend, it was weighing heavy on my mind that Jerry had lost our house keys. So I bought a new lock for the front door. It took me a while to get it installed. Our front door is of course 1/16" thinner than the doors manufactured today. Therefore, the lock was a bit loose. But I used parts from the old lock to make it all thicker and more secure, and all is well! I RULE!!!

It makes me happy to know that if I put my mind to something, I can make it work. Sure, it's not the same as having a husband around, or even a handy man. But I know that I can get by. And that is what matters. I don't feel helpless like many widows would. I'm doing okay! And that means a lot!

I can't wait to sing a little Karaoke tonight. Even tho it looks like most of our relatives will not be joining us, I would still like to stop there for a bit. And then, who know what mischief us sisters will get up to!

No comments: