Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So it's a journey.

I've been doing fairly good at the weight loss thing.
This is week 3. I'm not the top contender just yet.

But today in the cafe, the chef made home made Austrian baklava.
He only makes this two times a year because it is so much work to create.
For those of you who have never tried Baklava, I recommend you do.
It is a slice of pastry heaven!

I asked the chef's Austrian wife if she knew how many calories are in a piece of Baklava.
Her response in that wonderful thick rolling accent was "We don't worry, we just eat."

SO after lunch, I just had to google up the calories. 550 in one small chunk. And you know what? I don't feel guilty one bit. We only live once. Diet or no diet, when there is fresh baklava in the house, you eat it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to do step aerobics. LOTS of step aerobics. ;-)

No comments: