Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dream Pockets

I had a dream this morning.
Jim and I were in some public place, standing at a counter and I was drawing something very important. I was almost done with the drawing when someone interrupted me, crowding in to use the counter we were using, so I asked Jim to hold on to the drawing for a moment while I collected up all my drawing pencils so we could move to another area of the counter.

I then asked him for the drawing so that I could finish it, and he gave me that "Oh Crap" look and started digging in his inside coat pocket for it, and was unable to fish it out easily.

I started yelling at him" "You folded it and put it in your pocket? How could you do that!?" I was extremely angry at him and really started berating him (which is odd because I never did that in life!).

I grabbed his lapel and started digging through his inner pocket, rummaging for the drawing, and found that there was so much stuff in his pocket that it was difficult to find it. The pocket seemed to be endless and loaded full of objects.

"What the hell is all of this stuff anyway?" I asked him in anger.

"It's everything you ever asked me to hold for you."

Maybe that's why I was so bitchy towards him. My heart was also in his pocket.
Needless to say, I woke up crying. Damn it!

No comments: