Thursday, February 10, 2011

I do love cats, but.....

Yes, I am back on the Diet Wagon. I figure I have allowed myself enough time with comfort food and stress eating. It is time to get back to where I ought to be. And although it is only week one, I am kicking ass! 3 pounds so far. I know I have a long way to go, since I am at my all time heaviest. I have earned every pound, though. And I will also earn every pound lost as well.

Today, I saw a lady with a sweater on and it reminded me why I wear either prints or solids.... no scenes or critters. Why? Well, the bottom of this lady's sweater was lounging cats. And although it was a cute sweater, her butt was round enough to fit eight lounging full size cat images around it. EIGHT! Not for me, people!

So wish me luck. I would like to get back to a healthy size 10 again. I have done it before, and I know that I can get there again. I am motivated. I WILL get healthy again. I just can't wait for the snow to melt so that I can start walking outside again. I need that. I will surely miss my walking partner Marty this time, but I know if I talk to him as I walk, he will be listening.

This has been a difficult week for me, emotion-wise. Just when I think I am doing well, I will see something that will make me think of Hubby, and WHAM! I am right back to where we were a year ago. I don't want to go back to that moment in time. I want to remember Hubby as a healthy, wonderful person that I loved to be around. I really hate that our journey lead us down the path it did.

I had a dream last night that it was spring, and my Dad was outside with a friend and was suddenly stung by a bee. He and his friend were discussing what the proper cure for bee stings were, and they headed for my house. Dad said "Let's ask Miss Computer Genius to look up the answer." Such an odd dream! But the wonderful thing was, bee sting aside, he looked wonderful and healthy. So if I am able to get beyond the image of my father in his last days, then hopefully in a few years I will be able to get beyond picturing Hubby in his last days as well and remember him the way I want to.

So that's what is new around Kuhrsville this week. How is your week going?

No comments: