Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hello, Cruel World!

So, I'm winding down on week 2 of my diet.
And I must say I am doing super great at it so far.
But I've run into a snag.

You see, last Friday, I bought a bunch of bananas to munch on for breakfasts.

I looked at them on Monday, and they were still quite yellow. So, at work, I bought a more ripe banana at the cafeteria. Except we were so busy on Monday, I never got to eat the dang thing.

On Tuesday, I looked at the banana on my desk and ignored it. Instead, I ate my single serving of Kelloggs Frosted Flakes and said "They're Grrrrreat!"

On Wednesday, I looked at our bananas here at home, and they were getting nice and ripe. I sliced one up and mixed it with some watermelon slices and that was a very tasty breakfast.
And at work, I also finally ate that lone banana.

But, alas, tonight, the entire bunch of bananas is getting too ripe. So, Banana Bread, they must become.

I found a great recipe and altered it to suit my own needs - 4 giant bananas.

So now, in 10 minutes, I will have not one, but 4 loaves of evil Banana Bread.
Do you have any idea how many calories are in a slice of banana bread?
And the recipe I just used asked for 2 sticks of butter and a package of cream cheese.
Oh yeah. Tons of sugar, tons of fat. Not to mention nuts. And in one loaf, I added chocolate chips.

Tomorrow, I'm bringing most of it to work to let all the other gals enjoy it. And, of course, Hubby can bring some hunting with him. It's got to get out of my house!

But first, I think I need to sample at least one piece. Gawd! How I love Banana Bread!

No comments: