Monday, November 17, 2008

It's On Like Donkey Kong

I have to laugh.
Mondays are our most stressful day at work. The phones ring non-stop, and every one needs help NOW!
And in amidst the chaos, Robin and I are talking about the diet challenge we are entered into.
Neither one of us will disclose our beginning weight. But we're both arguing that we weigh more than the other.
She says she is 5' 8" so she feels she definitely weigh more than me.
I'm 5' 6" (formerly 5' 7" sob! I'm getting shorter already!) and I still believe I weigh more.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds this month.
Robin says if I'm gonna lose 10, then she's gonna lose 11!

Little does she know, I secretly really really hope to lose 12. Muwahahaha!

Our other coworker, Candy said "So it doesn't really matter if any of the rest of us in this challenge lose any weight? It's really between you two?"

I said "Oh, no! The point is, even if I don't win the challenge, I at least have to beat Robin."
And of course Robin said "And I need to beat Brenda!"

And almost in unison, we both cheered "It's On Like Donkey Kong!"

I really like that the two of us are able to have such a competitive nature and still think the world of each other. But I'm still gonna win. ;-)

No comments: